The Oq Mosque is part of an ensemble near the eastern gate of Ichan-Kala. Foundation laid in 1657 simultaneously with the Anush Khan bath-houses. Judging by inscriptions on the mosque doors, the building dates back to 1838-42. The inscriptions also mention the names of the Khiva master woodcarvers Nur Muhammad, the son of Adin Kalandar, Kalandar, the son of Seyid Muhammad, The mosque is essentially a mahalli (quarter) - type structure with a domed hall with a three-sided aivan (gallery). The southern wall contains a mihrab-nich orienting the worshipers towards Mecca.